about

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Chicken wings

I feel its incredibly stupid to find similar replacement meals once you have embarked on a lifestyle change. Its like we are advocating knock offs, example cauliflower rice just like real rice, paleo rotis which like real rotis except with loads of egg (for clarity the eggs is not the point) etc. We should look to create dishes that suit our lifestyle so that we enjoy our new found creations before famous celebrity buffoons try to hop on the bandwagon to tell how and what we should enjoy. That is what good food is to me. The joy of creating something wonderful and tasty that adds value to my life.

That being said one of my favourite dishes is chicken wings, it was one of those guilty pleasures that I used to enjoy once in a while and then run miles because I had to work them off. Don't get me wrong commercially available chicken wings batter dipped and deep fried it not very good for you. You want reasons I would recommend google.

This recipe that I devised was purely by my own "genius?". Does a similar option exist out there..... definitely, but that is not the point, the idea to make available an easy to generate recipe that just tastes good.

The apparatus used for this product is an air fryer, contrary to this deviously devised name, it is similar to a convection oven. I have not tried it with a convection oven but i'm sure it should work.

Ingredients
4 chicken wings
1 beaten/whisked egg
12 teaspoons desiccated coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chilly flakes

Method
Combine dry ingredients to form "dip"
Beat egg to form wet mixture
dip wing in egg, dip wet wing, into dry mixture
place wing into air fryer
do that process for all wings
Air fry for 40mins
voila.........tasty "crumbish" chicken wings


No comments:

Post a Comment