about

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Fe-Man 2018

Well this has been awhile. I hope my readers have used my flippen old posts to keep them inspired to continue their own sporting journeys.

I have been seriously considering the possibility of attempting the Iron man for awhile......the full one. Something or the other has derailed me from this target since my last comrades. I think I crave goals to make my active exploits more enjoyable. I cannot just train for training sake.

So why start blogging about a 2018 goal in 2017, its simple and here are the reasons:
  • I decided to stop being a lazy plug, take responsibility for myself and put my money where my mouth is. To the talented reader, you might notice that this is not really a reason, to you I say......expletive off
  • The race is a little expensive compared to running, this is only in terms of entry fees, saving, saving, saving
  • I need to get over my dislike of cycling
  • I need to organize a bicycle (Buy or borrow)
  • I might need to get a swimming wetsuit (might because the iron man venue might change by 2018)
  • I need to educate myself on this sort of endeavor (A little more on this in a later post)
  • I need to find like minded fools to assist me on this endeavor of madness
  • I need to stop using "I" so often, aren't I a self centered plug
  • I shall also need to prepare my body to become fat adapted, from an energy usage perspective  
As a starting point I shall look to hit some all round targets, I hope to achieve these in the next 6 months:
  • Run a sub 50min 10km - current time - 1hr 03 min 
  • Run a sub 120min 21km - current time - 2hr 06mins
  • Enter and cycle the Argus in a sub 5 hours - last ride 6hrs30min
  • Deadlift - 150kg 3 sets of 6 reps - 3 sets of 3 reps of 90kg
  • Squat - 100kg, 3 sets of 6 reps - 3 sets of 3 reps of 55kg
  • Go for open water swimming technique adjustment
Some of the goals are ambitious, while others are not as intense. Essentially all of them shall be personal bests.

To my uneducated reader you might wonder why did I call the post Fe-man, well if you have not guessed by this point I shall explain, Fe is the periodic table numbering for Iron. You might think this is flippen clever, to that I say thank you. For the bunch that picked up on the "obvious" joke and assumed that someone of my perceived intellect was tending towards a transvestite nature joke, to you I say expletive off and don't be such a plug.

All the best for 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment