about

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lantern bitter sweet

I completed the Irene 10km Lantern race and this race was real fun, only draw back that the start was abit congested. My time 59mins, yeah! I broke my PB by about 4mins and dipped under 1hr. The bitter part of this race was that I didn't follow my strategy, 35/5. Something in me reared its ugly head, PRIDE. This is quality that leads to arrogance and generally people like that just plugs.

Let me elaborate, I was too proud to walk the 5 mins that I was meant to. I just wanted to push through to "show off". I was also embarrassed cause I was there with all my gear and I was walking. This is something I need to be mindful off and stamp out of my personality.

The great thing about the night race is that my bubbles was at the finish, with a quality basil pesto and sun dried tomato pesto pastas. I know this is contrary to popular running culture that you carbo load before the race. We had a wonderful picnic after the race.

So with that I am going to push myself onto the 42.2km sasol marathon. Next blog up I will discuss my gear and what works for me.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful evening, thank you for a lovely picnic under the stars!

    ReplyDelete