about

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feeling the Mojo

Well since the Soweto marathon, i've been feeling abit hesitant with my running, not really motivated, but I was doing somw quality kilometers (average 40km per week). Come the pwc race in PTA, I completed the 21.1 km half marathon. I tried my strategy of 35/5 for the 2nd time on race day and not to stop within 3km of the finish. the Result: 2hr 10min 16sec for the race. WHOOO (F#$%ing)HOOO, to say that I am happy is an under-statement. I was so amped I hit my training runs with more vigour. This motivation is still in its infancy but it feels kind off good.

The next step is that I have to qualify for the comrades/2 oceans. I was thinking of doing the Pretoria marathon but on much advise and though I am giving this race a pass. The other option was some race in Petermaritzburg, but its a tad far. So I finally settled for the Sasol marathon in Secunda, the race advertisement said flat and fast, which played a huge role in my decision. Is that taking the easy way out. Maybe but I am not going to stress myself more than I have to.

So why does this half marathon make me feel better than the half that preceded the Soweto. A couple of reasons
1) I felt really good after the race, felt comfortable and didn't need much rest.
2) finished the race without niggles
3) I have alot more information on myself and the way I react to distance races
4) There is no other issues plaguing my mind before the race.
I was there both mentally and physically.

I think i'm going to do another 10km race to see if I can break the 60min mark. (set up a PB)
the half marathon that I downed, I crushed my PB by almost 5mins. I got one word......stoked!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your reasons for the feel-good factor of this race. I wish you the best of luck in attaining your personal best for the next 10 km!

    ReplyDelete