about

Friday, September 3, 2010

official!

You might have noticed that this update to the blog is abit late compared with my usual time slot. The reason being that the online comrades entries opened on the 1st of September, and I entered officially, well baring any bureaucratic BS. There is no turning back. "feel the rhythm feel the ride get on up its push cart time, coooool runnings" not quite but at the same time quite appropriate.


Well its the end of week 8 of my training, and in total I have missed 1 week of training, due to various ailments, but I feel good. From a religious stand point i'm sad that the month of ramadaan is going, but from a training point of view it has been challenging. I now plan on getting my self new running shoes and joining a running club, need to up the ante!

I have received 5 comments in total, on how much weight I have lost. As I have mentioned before its pleasing but not the aim of my training, just a nice by product. However you know your progress is good, when a conversation with good frineds start with "slms, hey what you been smoking, you lost quite abit there!" Before people question what I lost, they are refering to weight(as per theme of this paragraph) and not my junior head, because they are not males of the feminine variety.

my training partner, WMS, has hit abit of a snag with his training in that he has injured his knee (one of the 2) and as expected his inner bringer of doom, the stoic voice of reason, the voice of the responsible one came, no rained down, from.............................. the heavens, NO! his cubicle, that with the injury he has lost abit of training time and he is not sure if he can make the Bela Bela marathon!!! Well i've been delaying in agreeing with him but I can see his point and concern, however when we start hitting some road work together we will find out how serious or legit his concerns are. I pray that we get though this, the set up is like playing an awesome game but you cannot get past level 4 of 10...........epic fail.

I enjoy listening to talk radio 702, cause I am not a music fan and I enjoy reading websites iol,news 24, time and mma junkie, the last one doesn't quite fit the profile but it is enjoyable. If I have learn t any thing from the news is that there is 2 sides to every story. The truth is important in my eyes, if somebody made a mistake, so what as long as they take responsibility and do the right thing the next time, or learn from it.

I have no idea why people have the constant need to criticize government, constructive criticism is good but attacking someone personally is just stupid and doesn't benefit anyone. like public servants need more money, maybe we would have more if the president had less family, then the noob signs the comment as anonymous, that is cowardice! If you have an opinion, air it but "don't hide in your in your room and instruct some else to do the dirty work", take the RESPONSIBILITY for your opinions and actions. I think every country in the world has its own problems and I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt South Africa is one of the best countries to stay its simply awesome.

Monday is start of week 9 and its measurement time again. I am rather excited and I skeem i might have broken into the 70's weight wise. Expect my next addition at the same time slot.

Oh I made the cardinal sin of announcing "die bulls sal nie wen nie", in front of couple of bulls supporters,they are going to play the sharks(my team) this week end, this is a dangerous and often fatal task at the best of times (when they are sober).......but when they are drunk....eish......all i can say is thank god I have been training at running long distances. Its like when the old guy tied a piece of meat to Jean claude van damme(remember him) and the dogs started chasing him and he started running faster, if he had done what I had done as part of his training I don't think there would have been a kickboxer 2 to whatever. now that could have been a mercy SA could have bestowed on the rest of world......kickboxer 1(the good one) ONLY.......maybe that plan might be a flawed idea cause Van Damme would have been terminated(literally) and the directors would have resorted to that B grade guy from Kickboxer 2 onwards and the crappy genre would have began earlier. Tom Po would have kicked crappy Van Damme very very hard! bull supporter hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment